THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE GOL BRASIL PROGRAM
Contrary to what occurs in other countries, the sport of futsal in Australia has become reliant on football/soccer for its source of players, leading to the majority of participants treating it as a form of training and not a sport. To further develop the game we need to reverse this trend and instead breed a generation of futsal players.
Our aim is to identify younger committed players, at a time where there are not a lot of futsal commitments, and provide technical development and a vision of what is the true sport of futsal.
As key initiative we are implementing a National Player Development Framework which includes establishing a National Futsal Curriculum that is implemented and delivered through a network of GOL Brasil Academies throughout all regions.
- Identify talented youth players with long term potential for Australian and International Futsal.
- Develop and nurture these youth players through a minimum weekly training session.
- Provide game opportunities. All players on a team receive fair playing time based on their commitment to excellence.
- The development of the individual players focuses on the person as a whole. This means technical, tactical physical, psychological and mental training. Information on nutrition, hydration, goal-setting and treatment of injuries should also be presented.
- All training & development programs are conducted in a positive environment with encouraging and constructive comments and feedback, in order to maintain and build self-esteem and confidence in every athlete.
- Training and competition is held at top quality facilities.
- Training is provided all year round and designed to potentially work in other similar sports and cross training opportunities.
- GOL Brasil Programs are overseen by a Technical Director who is supported by appropriately qualified coaches.
- All coaching staff are required to pursue professional development on an annual basis through GOL Brasil annual conference.